Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Cub Scout Pack 341

Pack Committee
Home
Calendar of Events
Camping Essentials
Den Activities
Newsletter
Pack Committee
Pack 341 Rules
PWD - Car Construction
PWD - Performance Tips
PWD - Racing Format
PWD - Seven Principles
PWD - Rules, Rules, Rules
Uniform - Class "B"

PACK 341 COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES:
 
JUNE 25, 2007
COMMITTEE MEETING
 
Meeting started at 8:12 P.M.
Present were Carol, Rob, Heather, Cody, Anissa and Bridgett

 
No position reports
 
Carol brought up to get patches for the boys that went to camp. unanimous vote yes

We agreed that August 11th we would have the yard sale from 8-12 then clean-up and lunch then at 1:00 P.M. we will start our Annual Pack Planning Meeting.

Everyone also agreed that the bins that Patrick Glisson sold would go 60/40 the 40% going to Craig and William's accounts.

Meeting adjourned at 8:20
 
 

May 15, 2007

Committee Meeting

 

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:03.

Members Present: Carol, Rob, Heather, Pat, Mark, Cody, Bridgette and Anissa

April Minutes are approved.

 

Position Reports

Treasurer – Heather reported that the pack had $1,610.38 total in it’s account.  The Pack has $968.23 and the Scouts have $642.15.  $150.00 will be taken out to be put into the District account to purchase May’s awards.  Heather also reported that the church has informed the pack that at this time we will not have to pay the monthly gas bill for the scout garage.  Heather will purchase a thank you note for all of the scouts to sign at the Pack meeting and will give a yearly total that the pack will be saving until further notice.

 

Webmaster – Cody reported that the website had been viewed 28 times yesterday and 762 times that month.  Den leaders said that they would like to keep the den news portion of the web site.

 

Quartermaster – Rob reported that he had donated a propane tree and hose for the pack.  It was stated that the pack needed to purchase 2 globes for the lanterns.  Pat made a motion to purchase these and it was 2nd by Mark.

 

Training – Pat handed out the sheets he had obtained from council listing training and positions held by each current leader.  He asked each leader to review it and return it with any corrections.

 

Pack Yard Sale – May 19th

Amy Glisson agreed to purchase buns and chips for the yard sale.  Mark reported that he had signs made up and posted around the area.

           

Family Camp – June 1st – 3rd

Food and Programming was discussed 

 

May Pack Meeting – Books / Neckerchiefs / Slides

Last month we estimated $10 per boy for advancement but it was closer to $15 per boy.

 

Summer Meetings  

June 25th –Knights of Columbus (7PM)

July 30th –Burger King (5PM – 8PM)

August 18th – Annual Pack Planning Meeting (10 AM - NOON)

August 27th – Water Rockets and Ice Cream Social (7 PM)

 

8:05 - Cub Master Report

 The committee decided not to repair the pack computer.  The treasurer will have the remaining pack computer. 

There is a massing of the colors at the KY Masonic Home on June 16th .  A majority of the committee will not be in town so the pack will decline.

          

 

Pack Election Results:

          

 

New Committee Positions –

            Committee Chair- Carol Scalf

            Cubmaster- Rob Ringenberg

            Treasurer- Heather Weaver

            Secretary- Bridgette Driver

            Quartermaster- Mark King

            Trainer- Pat Glisson

            Webmaster- VACANT

            Tiger Coach- VACANT

            Pack Shopper- VACANT

           

 

Den Leaders –

            Den 2-Pat Glisson

            Den 3- Cody Chapelle

            Den 5- Mark King

            Den 7- Beth Fouts

            Den 8- Carol Scalf

            Den 9- Dean Smith

            (Assistant Den Leaders chosen by Den Leaders)

 

All Positions transfer on June 1st.

 

Carol, Rob, Heather and Pat will be the new signers at the scout shop.

 

8:20 – Adjourn Meeting

 

Next Meeting     August 18, 2007   10AM - NOON___

 
 
April 17, 2007

 

Call to order at 7:05 PM

Minutes Approved

Members present: Rob, Heather, Mark, Pat, Cody, Anissa, Beth

Pack Trainer Report: Received training reports from council on current leaders.

 

Web Master Report: Need Den leader news to update website with, 28 views yesterday, 1,095 for the past month.

 

Quartermaster Report: Need to meet to wire in florescent lights David Fouts may be able to assist with this.  He is a certified electrician.  

Wish List: Filters for the shop vac, router bits, (dust pan was donated)

 

Treasurer Report:  Total: $1,899.88

Pack: $1,272.73     Scouts: $627.15

SOR Ticket Sales: Total Commission: $291.60

Pack: $174.96        Scouts: $116.64

Cub Master Report: Flags April: Den 9

                                 Flags May: Den 3

PWD Track needs a new solenoid costing aprox. $60 and extra fuses.  Pat motioned to purchase these items and Mark 2nd the purchase.

Cody asked for input on SOR.  Everyone agreed it went well, only change would be to set up a fence around the exhibit if we use the same one again next year.

Old Business:

April Pack Meeting / Talent Show

Den 2: Dance w/puppets – 5 min

Den 3: Blanket Toss Skit – 3 min

Den 8: Indian Skit – 10 min

Other dens will report later.  Remind scouts that individuals can enter also.

Tigers should bring a 2-liter and the rest of the scouts should bring a hand-held dessert (cookies, brownies).

 

Yard Sale:

Saturday, May 19th from 8am - ? at the Scout Garage. Set-up will begin at 7am.

Mark has agreed to head up the yard sale.  Profits will be split 60/40 between the pack/scouts based on hours worked.  Items can be dropped off Monday nights starting May 7th.  There will also be two special drop-off times.  Rob will be at the Scout garage Friday, May 11th from 7pm to 8pm.  Mark will be at the scout garage Saturday, May 12th 3pm – 4pm.   Food will be sold for $1 a hotdog, and .50 for sodas, coffee, Little Debbies, chips.  Will look into donations for food items.

 

Louisville Bats Scout Nights- May 11, 2007, will offer as a den activity and let den leaders coordinate if they desire.

 

Family Camp: June 1st – 3rd at Cub World

Cost: $5 per person ages 3 and up

Cody will set up and a group will set-up programming.

New Business:

 

Den 7 has not been attending.  Anissa will check with parents to see if ball is the reason and if the boys intend to return in the fall.  If scouts do not plan to attend again the remaining scout will be merged into the other existing WEBELOS den.

 

Graduation from Ranks will take place in May.  Scouts who are currently tigers thru bears will receive there book, neckerchief and slide.  WEBELOS will receive a certificate stating that they will receive a Boy Scout book upon crossing over to the Troop.  Motion made by Pat, 2nd by Heather.

 

District Summer Camps:

 

Day Camp: June 18 – June 22 at Cub World 8:30 – 4:00

$80 fee / Early Bird $70 (April 15, 2007)

 

Cub Resident Camp: August 3 – 5, sign up early, only 100 scout slots

 $95 fee / Early Bird $85 for parent/son (April 15, 2007)

 

WEBELOS Resident Camp: July 12 -15

Scout - $100 fee / Early Bird $85 

Adult - $65 fee /EB $55 (April 15, 2007)

 

Elections upcoming at May Committee Meeting, please talk to parents about all positions.  The more diverse our leadership the smaller load we have to carry.  If you are interested in a committee or den leader position please give it to me in writing.  We will also come up with a survey/evaluation to be emailed and handed out.

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:15

 

Next Committee Meeting is May 15, 2007.

 
 
<삅♴䖋诼ᡈ燿(ၵsᱰ䶋儈䇨?㯿࿃濾>March 20, 2007

 

Call to order at 7:05 PM

 

Members present: Rob, Heather, Carol, Pat, Cody, Anissa

 

Last months minutes were reviewed and approved

 

Pack Trainer Report: Several training dates available for New Leader/Job Specific training, CPR / 1st Aid, WeBaloo Training and Day Camp Training.  See Pat Glisson for details.

 

Web Master Report: Need Den leader news to update website with,  PWD pictures have been put on website.  Please let Cody Chapelle know about any improvements that need to be made.

 

Quartermaster Report: Need to meet to wire in florescent lights.

Wish List: Filters for the shop vac, router bits, (dust pan was donated)

 

Treasurer Report:  Total: $1,862.44

 

Pack: $1,158.40     Scouts: $704.04

 

Cub Master Report: Flags March: Den 5

                                 Flags April: Den 9

     Need den leaders to turn in awards list with each boy listed out and in a timely manor.

     Scott Greenwell donated new large wheels for the blue push-mobile.  Both are ready for SOR,  blue push-mobile needs numbers and decal.

 

Old Business:

Scout-O-Rama: Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ticket Sales:  All money due and unsold tickets due by March 26th pack mtg.

Please call your den to remind them about tickets and camping and to sign –up to work the booth and for candy donations to give out at the booth.

 Louisville Fire Game- need uniform to get in, no uniform $5

Camping fee is $5 for everyone ages 3 and up.

 

Scout-O-Rama Booth: Adventure at Every Turn

Pack will use cones and wheel chairs.  Carol will make up posters and information on the booth.

 

Blue and Gold: changes? Next year we will fix our own chicken nuggets and have Marks send only pork and chicken bar-b-que.  Leaders liked layout at church gym better than at Wilt.  Next year we need to use tickets to ensure everyone has paid.

 

Leader Name Tags:

Carol reported that the scout shop had a good price on one line black and white name tags.  Committee voted that all trained leaders should be given a name tag and that untrained leaders could purchase there own if they desired.

 

New Business:

New Tax law for tax exempt organizations.  We are checking into this.

 

April Pack Meeting: Talent Show and Awards Meeting

Each den should do some sort of talent.  Check scout book to see if any requirements can be met. 

Will have a dessert reception afterwards.  Will ask for finger desserts (cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc…) from half of the dens and drinks from the other half.

Okolona Spring Clean-up: May 19, 2007 , Anissa will check on to find out where the clean-up will be and what it entails.  If it is not along major road ways will check with Troop 341 and go in together on it and split any possible earnings.

 

Louisville Bats Scout Nights- May 11, 2007, will offer as a den activity and let den leaders coordinate if they desire.

 

Family Camp: June 1st – 3rd at Cub World

 

District Summer Camps:

 

Day Camp: June 18 – June 22 at Cub World 8:30 – 4:00

$80 fee / Early Bird $70 (April 15, 2007)

 

Cub Resident Camp: August 3 – 5, sign up early, only 100 scout slots

 $95 fee / Early Bird $85 for parent/son (April 15, 2007)

 

WEBELOS Resident Camp: July 12 -15

Scout - $100 fee / Early Bird $85 

Adult - $65 fee /EB $55 (April 15, 2007)

 

Elections upcoming at May Committee Meeting, please talk to parents about all positions.  The more diverse our leadership the smaller load we have to carry.  If you are interested in a committee or den leader position please give it to me in writing.  We will also come up with a survey/evaluation to be emailed and handed out.

 

Close Meeting – Next Committee Meeting is April 17

 
 

February 20, 2007

 

Those present: Pat, Carol, Heather, Rob, Cody and Anissa

 

Minutes were approved

Meeting called to order at 7:00

 

Pack Trainer Report – Current training dates were made available.

 

Web Master Report – Cody requested den updates to post on the web.  Pack had 1,146 hits this month and 79 hits yesterday.  Elections will be posted on the web site.

 

Treasurer Report – Heather reported that the pack account had $1,452.56.  Of that total the pack has $438.85 and the scout accounts have $1,013.71.  Start advertising Yard Sale to help raise pack account up.

 

Cub Master Report – The Bear den will present the flags at the March pack meeting.  The wolf den will present the flags at Blue and Gold. 

 

Old Business:

 

Pinewood Derby broke even.  Need to make sure that a drill, graphite, sandpaper and super glue are available at next years PWD.  Solenoid has been repaired but a replacement should be purchased when funds are available.

 

Scout-O-Rama is March 31, all ticket money and or tickets are due by March 26th Pack meeting.  Rob will help with money count and collection.

 

Blue and Gold is Saturday, March 3, 2007, the theme is Backyard Bugs and it will be held in the gym at Summit Heights.  The committee decided on Marks Feed Store as the caterer.  We will try and get an auctioneer again this year.  If we are able to the pack will provide him with a $25 restaurant card.  The pack will need to purchase 20 extra meals to cover troop members, church representatives, council representatives and the auctioneer.  Medalions were chosen as prizes for the cake contest.  Everyone can vote on cake contest.

 

Carol will check on name tags for leaders.

 

New Business:

Leaders attending Scouting University voted not to be reimbursed due to budget constraints.

 

Scout-O-Rama booth: Adventure at Every Turn 

Will use disability booth if it is in working condition, if not will use the flapper bean bag booth.  Carol will research rank requirements for disability awareness to post in the booth.  Pack will ask for donations of candy to give out as booth prizes.

Scout parade – WEBELOS camping out overnight will march with the troop.

SOR Pinewood Derby – will be made available to those attending district PWD.

SOR Push Mobile – Each den can choose two scouts to participate.  Participating scouts must work the booth.

SOR camping – Need to work the booth to camp.  Cub Scouts must camp with parents and can camp Saturday night only.

SOR WEBELOS camping – WEBELOS can camp out Friday night with the Troop and parents do not need to attend.  Will need at least 2 pack leaders.

Louisville Fire Game – Offer to those camping Friday night because of lack of information.

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:20.

The next committee meeting is March 20th at 7pm.

 

 

January 16, 2007

 

CALLED TO ORDER BY ANISSA

 

Pack Trainer Report 

 

Pat will notify all leaders as soon as more training information is finalized.  Reminder about University of Scouting on the 27th.

 

Web Master Report – Cody will add training schedule to website when available.

 

Treasurer Report – Heather reported that the pack account had $1,619.43.  Of that total the pack has $641.17 and the scout accounts have 978.26.  This total does not include the check for the Family Fun Fall Festival that the pack just received.

 

Cubmaster Report 

 

The Bear den will present the flags at the January pack meeting.  The wolf den will present the flags at Blue and Gold.  Cody asked Pat to make a Day Camp presentation at an upcoming pack meeting.

 

Old Business:

 

SHUMC Family Fun Fall Festival check for $72.50 was given to the pack for running the bean bag toss booth.

 

The committee has decided to discontinue sending care packages to the soldiers overseas on a monthly basis.  The pack will continue to send packages as a special event.

 

Pinewood Derby is Saturday, February 3, 2007, set up is Friday the 2nd at 9PM.  The committee decided on the “Pit Crew 2007” patch.  Trophy’s were ordered from Crown Trophy ($77.16).  Food to be sold will be pizza, hot dogs, nacho’s and cheese, pickles, sodas and desserts.

 

New Business:

 

Scout Sunday is February 11, 2007.  The pack will be providing Doughnuts, milk and coffee.   We will ask parents to bring muffins as an option.  The scouts will then march in during the church service.  Breakfast begins at 8:00,  Church service begins at 10:45.

 

Scout-O-Rama is March 31, the ticket sales kick-off is 9am Saturday, February 17 at the Highview Fire Dept on Fegenbush lane.  The pack will not sell at Krogers this year.  Will encourage them to “Do their Best”.

 

Blue and Gold is Saturday, March 3, 2007, the theme is Backyard Bugs and it will be held in the gym at Summit Heights.  The committee decided on Marks Feed Store as the caterer.  We will try and get an auctioneer again this year.  If we are able to the pack will provide him with a $25 restaurant card.  The pack will need to purchase 20 extra meals to cover troop members, church representatives, council representatives and the auctioneer.

 

Scout Accounts – The committee decided to close out inactive scout accounts 6 months after a scout is no-longer registered with Pack 341.

 

The next committee meeting is February 20th at 7pm.
 
 

November 21, 2006

 

Call to Order by Anissa

 

Pack Trainer Report: 

 

Patrick Glisson reported that he is working with the council to produce past training records for all leaders in the pack.

 

 

Web Master Report: 

 

Cody has placed new pictures on the web as of yet. He is allowing those on there to stay for awhile.  The committee meeting minutes are on the web site.  He encouraged Den Leaders to post their den activities for the month on the web so that any boy missing a meeting can find out what went on in his absence.

 

Quartermaster Report: 

 

 Rob is still looking for a deal on tent prices around town. Has not found any "good deals" yet.

 

Treasurer Report: 

 

Balance: $1162.67 (not including a $200 deposit).  Scout accounts balance: $434.60.  $580.00 of balance will be paid for rechartering.

 

 

Cub Masters Report:

 

Flag schedule was discussed. November - Cody's den. December - Den 7, January - Den 5. These dens will conduct the flag ceremony at the designated pack meeting.  They are also to collect items for our adopted soldier.

 

 

Old Business:

 

SHUMC Fall Festival: No money has been received from the church yet from the ticket purchases.

 

Scouting for Food: A lengthy discussion was had regarding an overall feeling that door hangers should have been put out the week before the food pick-up.  A consideration was made to possibly ask the troop to split Scouting for Food with us...troop do the food pick up and the pack do the door hangers or vice-versa. Many pros and cons were brought forth and this discussion was tabled until the August 2007 planning meeting.

 

Popcorn:

 

Money and orders are due Monday, November 28 at pack meeting

 

Adopt a Soldier:

 

In December the boys will be ask to bring in homemade Christmas cards. Cody will ask at the November pack meeting if anyone has a family member in the service that the pack could adopt.

 

Pinewood Derby Theme:  CEREAL. 

 

Trophies to be given out are as follows: 4 for Race, 3 for Show, 3 for Theme.  The fastest car  from each age group will get a medallion - these boys will represent the pack at the district race.  Everyone who participates will receive a patch.

 

District Leadership Recognition Dinner:

 

January 12 at the Scottish Rite Temple. The pack will pay $7 for registered and trained leaders to attend. The reservation must be made by Nov. 30 in order for the pack to pay for the leader’s ticket.

 

New Business:

 

December Christmas Party: December 11. The pack will provide pizza and lemonade. All parents are ask to bring a dessert. The boys will bring a $10 (maximum) gift to exchange with their den.  Each leader will decide how presents are exchanged within their den.

 

Wesley Manor/Ornaments:

 

December 9.  We discussed pros and cons to using glue guns vs. tacky glue for the ornament construction.  It was decided that we would offer both. Anissa will bring cool temp glue/glue guns. The schedule is as follows: 9:00 Fellowship hall - make ornaments. 10:00 - 10:30 travel to Wesley Manor. 10:30 - 10:45 Caroling. 10:45: walk down one of the wings to deliver the ornaments.  After delivering ornaments we will return to the church to pick up popcorn.

 

Next Committee Meeting: January 16

 
 
 
 
 
OCTOBER 17, 2006
 
CUBMASTER REPORT:
 
Cody discussed the October flag ceremony at the pack meeting would be Den 10.  This means Den 10 also donates to our adopted soldier.
 
Cody also discussed the fishing derby/camp-o-ree
 
TREASURER:
 
Heather stated the Pack account is $532.75.  The scout accounts total $520.60.  For a total of 1053.35.
 
QUARTERMASTER:
 
Rob reported that we are still looking for prices to drop to purchase two new tents.  We should consider the purchase of an additional propane tree and hose, for use on camp-outs.
 
 
WEBMASTER:
 
Cody will be rebuilding the web site as part of his Wood Badge ticket.
 
 
PACK TRAINER:
 
Pat agreed to be the new pack trainer.
 
 
 
OLD BUSINESS:
 
The Pine Wood Derby theme discussion was tabled again this month.
 
SHUMC Fall Festival, two tickets will be charged to play, profits would be split 60 pack/ 40 scout.  Full class A uniform to work the booth.
 
Scouting for Food..Pat agreed to make signs.  The pack committee dicided to pay for bowling for scouts which attend both the Veterans Day event on Nov 12 and the SFF collection on Nov 18.  The bowling will start at 2pm.
 
Popcorn fundraiser...The committee decided to take the option in which the council purchases the prizes.  The pack will not do bonus prizes this year.  The fundraiser will distributed on Nov 6th and offically start on Nov 11th.  The committee set a goal of $75 per scout.  Pinewood derby cars will be provided for scouts that reach this goal.  If scout sells $35 the pack will provide the cars for $2.
 
Adopted soldier...The committee voted to have the scouts make Christmas cards in December.  Den 7 will still collect donations.
 
 
NEW BUSINESS:
 
Carol requested new pack name tags for the adult leaders.  She will get prices and styles for the next meeting.
 
Cody spoke about the upcoming WEBELOS campout.  The committee voted to change the venue to Camp Lowe, due to the raising price of Camp Piomingo.  The committee also voted to set the price of $10 per scout.
 
The Committee discussed if the pack would pay for leaders to attend the Mohawk District leadership recognition dinner.  Tabled till next meeting.
 

 
Cub Scout Pack 341 - Louisville, Kentucky
Mohawk District, Lincoln Heritage Council, Boy Scouts of America