|Theme - "Neptunes Nascars"
- This years District Pinewood Derby event will be held March 15th, 2003.
- IMPORTANT: All packs should send results of their Pinewood Derby races to John Conrad no later than March 11th, 2003. This list should include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, alternate or 4th place winner and Best of Show. This information will speed up Check-In and allow us to start on time.
- This years District Pinewood Derby event is hosted by Pack 341.
- This event will be held at the Barker Hall building adjoining Bethlehem Baptist Church.
The address is 5708 Preston Highway, Across from the Indian Trail Shopping center. Thanks to Pack 83 for the use of their facilities.
- This years theme has an ocean twist , we have named the event "NEPTUNEs NASCARs "
- The pit check in time is 9:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. (please be on time, the check in time will close promptly at 10:30 A.M.! There CAN NOT and WILL NOT be any EXCEPTIONS to this rule)
- Show car voting will take place from 10:30A.M. to 11:00A.M.
- Scout races will take place from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
- Food and beverages will be available from 9:00 A.M. until? (Proceeds help pay for costs encountered by this event).
- The entire event should be concluded by 2:00 to 2:30 P.M.
- This years event promises to be a spectacular show, with race highlights to include:
- Electronic elapsed timing with thousands of a second decision between lanes.
- Electronic starter gate.
- Random computer drawn lane and car selections.
- Four-lane track made from close tolerance materials (all lanes equal, no fast lane).
- Bleacher style seating.
- Video projected race results and brackets.
- Handicap accessible facility.
- Sterns Chaotic Method race format, which guarantees every scout will race a minimum of 4 times.
The event hosts would like to extend an invitation, to any interested in the supervised use, of Pack 341s wood working shop to build their scout pinewood derby car on February 8th, 2003. Please RSVP to John Conrad at 962-9054 between 6:00P.M. and 9:00P.M. This is a good opportunity for those who do not have the use of a shop facility or power tools to cut out, and prepare, their Pinewood car bodies. To help offset the cost of this offering, a small fee will be charged to cover all expenses ($2.00, if scout brings their own Pinewood derby kit, and $4.00 if a kit is required).